Pages

2.17.2015

I'm Not Going to Lie

I'm not going to lie...

I have been trying to write posts for weeks now but I keep getting stopped in my tracks. I start writing about motherhood or just my own personal struggles but then God just sets me straight and shows me what I should be thinking, doing or focusing on instead.



I have been pretty close to survival mode for the past few weeks. I've been exhausted, going to bed close to 8:30 every night.
I have been in such pain this pregnancy, because of Hannah's constant climbing and the fact that Charlie has been sooo low the entire time.
I can't focus. I don't have energy to get anything done. I am in too much pain to do half of what I normally do with Hannah.
I see how much needs to get done around the house every single day and it's exhausting just thinking about it, but I can't get it done.

I could write about this all day, every day. Seriously. However, it seems as if God doesn't really want me to focus on that. Sure, there are so many of you who might find encouragement knowing that someone else is struggling through the EXACT things you are. Let me just go ahead and tell you...you are NOT ALONE. Someone else is facing the same struggles and frustrations and temptations as you!


However, today God wants me to tell you this:

Don't focus on your struggles. Instead, focus on God's strengths and His blessings in your life.

Don't focus on chores that aren't complete. Instead, focus on the hearts and minds that are growing within your home. Instead, focus on your own health, spiritual, physical, emotional and mental.

Don't focus on all the things you AREN'T DOING.
Instead, focus on the things you ARE DOING...like loving on your children and your spouse.

Quit rushing to complete your never ending to-dos. Instead, slow down and breathe. Speak life into the hearts around you.

Don't focus on the fact that you've had a "slow" or "unproductive" day, but instead, thank God for the fact that you can have a "slow" or "unproductive" day.

It's time to put our focus on the beautiful opportunities and moments in our lives, instead of comparing our lives to the lives of others. 

It's time to speak the Word of God over ourselves, our families, and our homes, instead of listening to and repeating what others have to say about us.

Set your foot down. Declare a revival in your home. Declare a renewal of hearts within your home. Speak it...in the name of Jesus Christ!

WE ARE HIS!!!

Now let's live like it.

"I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms."
Ephesians 1:19-20

"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Ephesians 2:10

"Therefore, I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God."
Ephesians 4:1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!