Pages

7.09.2014

Work it Wednesday | Hannah's Food

I have found Hannah's favorite food! She's past all the Gerber's pick-ups and meals. She likes grown up food now. So I tried a few weeks back to make a batch of "chicken and dumplings" without the dumplings, so I could freeze it into smaller packages for her. She really likes her veggies! Anyways, it didn't work out the way I thought it would (don't ask me how, I guess it just wasn't my day). I found that she was only eating the peas and carrots and didn't like any of the other veggies I put in there. We've finally found a recipe that she likes!

I buy a frozen bag of peas and carrots ($1 at Kroger) and cook it up with some noodles. I throw in salt, butter, and some italian seasonings (this last time I added garlic). Then when it's all cooled and strained, I put it into portion-sized containers (or sandwich sized ziploc bags), toss some cheddar cheese on top, and then store it in the freezer. You can add pretty much anything you want into this meal! Other veggies, meat, sauces, etc.

They've become one of the easiest things I can make for her! When I pulled one of her portioned meals out of the freezer, all we have to do is toss it into the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and it's ready to go! She loves it!


Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!