Pages

11.15.2011

DIY: T-Shirt Scarf

I love scarves, but honestly I hate buying them. Even if I were to find a scarf that I really really really like, I probably wouldn't buy it. Unless it was maybe $5 or less. I need some scarves seeing as winter is on its way, so I figured I could cut my old white t-shirts and make another infinity scarf. One medium t-shirt (womens) is not a large enough scarf, so I used both t-shirts.

Here is my tutorial.

Step 1: Cut the bottom of the shirt off. From the end to the arm pits.

Step 2: Cut one side of the T-Shirt, opening it up to a rectangle of sorts.

Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2 with the second shirt.

Step 4: Sew together the sides of the T-Shirts. [_1_] <---> [_2_] The right side of t-shirt one to the left side of t-shirt 2. (Reminder: Turn the shirts inside out when sewing.)

Step 5: You should now have one giant rectangle of sorts. [____]  Now sew the two ends together so that it makes one giant loop. (Reminder: Turn it inside out when sewing.)

If you are more of a perfectionist than I am, then you can hem up the edges in which you previously cut.

As you can probably see, my two t-shirts are different sizes. I did not even realize they were until I took that picture. I am not a perfectionist and I really only made the scarf so that I could have a scarf that would keep me warm. Therefore, I did not do much to make it even. I just went along with the flow. It seemed to work out well, though!

Finished product.

1. Doubled  2. Tripled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!