Pages

1.02.2012

DIY: Lace Vase

So, I did this well over a month ago. Took pictures and everything, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Not that it looks bad, in fact, my sister said it's her FAVORITE yet (of the projects I have done). The idea is BRILLIANT! Attach lace to whatever you want to paint then spray paint over it. It leaves a delicate lace print on your canvas.

I have several empty vases that have been just scattered about my bedroom and I figured it was time to revamp some of them!

I found some scrap lace in my room (haha, yea) and some eggshell spray paint in the garage and I decided I would play around with it.

Here's what I did and how it turned out!

First I put the rubber bands there in order to hold it until I could find a better way to hold the lace down.
 Then I decided it might be neat to seat if the rubber bands leave a cool pattern.

So, I used what source I had (duct tape, haha) to hold down the lace.
I covered the back side, partially because I did not have even lace to cover the enter vase, but then I thought having a clear backside would still be considered cute. I also chose to NOT paint the strip covered by duct tape. AGAIN, just playing around!

Letting it dry.

Not half bad, huh?

Close up. I like what it looks like in detail, but I definitely need to perfect it! :)
It's a little smudgy because I did not wait for it to dry 110%! Shame on me, I know. I'm a little impatient. :)


Whenever I attempt this again and really TRY to make it turn out well, I will post pictures! Bloggers promise! :)


God Bless!

~Mrs. S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!