Pages

6.25.2014

Work it Wednesday: 15-Minute Cleaning

I mentioned in Monday's post...

"I have all these hopes and desires for my life. Some small things and some bigger things. Most of these are just things I wish I could keep up with or good habits that I could form. I'd love to have a clean house at some point every single day. Dishes put away, laundry completed or at least off of floors and surfaces, meals cooked every night, my garden up to par...I think you get it. I am not perfect although many days I get upset because, well, I'm NOT perfect.

I try to keep my house clean. I try to keep the laundry clean and put up. I try to make sure our bathrooms are always people friendly. I try to get up early so that I have less on my mind the rest of the day. I try to do meal plans. I try to eat from the pantry. I try to stick to my grocery list. What happens when I try so hard? I don't get anything done. Usually."
Well, today I want to share with you what works for me!
I clean for 15 minutes!!!

What? Clean for 15 minutes?

Yes. 15 minutes.

On days that I am so very unmotivated to clean or I'm so unfocused that nothing ever gets done, I set my timer for 15 minutes! Flylady shares how she sets her timer to 15 minutes and just starts cleaning. Anywhere. Anything. Just clean. But when the buzzer goes off, stop what you are doing and move on to something else. Yep. It's that easy. (You can read about it here ---> Declutter in 15-Minutes) She shares a lot of different cleaning ideas. They are pretty brilliant, I think! Melissa from The Inspired Room has some wonderful ideas as well!

I've read a lot of these but the 15-minute decluttering technique has worked best for me! It usually gets me motivated enough to keep cleaning. I set my timer for 15 minutes, clean until it beeps, set it again and then work on a whole 'nother area of my house. It keeps me busy but no so bored because I have to switch it up each time the buzzer beeps.

Do you have any decluttering tips to add?
Have you tried any of these tips and have they worked for you?



May God bless you with rest, peace, patience and hope!


Photos of Hannah throwing all her toys out into the rain. ...thanks Hannah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!