Pages

9.30.2014

Depression | You Are Not Alone



Many of you may not know this, but I'm 15.5 weeks pregnant and with this pregnancy, has come depression. I am glad to say that it is gone now, but whoo! I thought I was gone for good!
I can honestly say that since this depression has left, it's like my eyes have been opened once again. I realized how much I missed simply because I was so mopey and tired all the time. I never saw how smart Hannah was becoming or what new things she was learning.

Depression. It's as if I haven't been present for the past three months.
I'm finally happy again. Genuinely happy. Oh, how I've missed my baby girl and my husband!

I have never been so saddened and embarrassed as when I awoke to the fact that I've seriously been depressed for three months and I didn't even know it! My child was hurting other kids all the time. She was attacking me too. I never knew what to do with her, but now I can see how I was hardly paying attention to her in those times. It is so nice to have my own brain back where it belongs. For reals now!

Have you gone through this?


My obgyn tried to give me some mood stabilizers. I nodded my head in agreement when he told me he was going to subscribe me some medicine, but I never even picked it up from the pharmacy. (I'm not too big on taking meds.) I caught a stomach bug soon after my appointment, and after spending some quality time with a trash can and losing six pounds, I felt so energetic and back to my normal self! Yay!!! I almost feel like all this "junk" just had to be flushed out of my system so that I could get back to normal! Or so I like to think!



Side note: The nurse at my obgyn told me that I might be feeling the way I do (or did) because I was still heavily nursing Hannah. Ever since, I have been trying my hardest to wean her off breastfeeding. It's been difficult, but I do believe my relationship is a little better with her now.




I don't have too much to say on the topic, but I do want to say to all my friends who are lonely, depressed, exhausted---hold on to hope! This is simply a phase in life, and like all other phases, it will pass.


Jeremiah 29:11 | "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." NLT

Romans 15:13 |  I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. NLT

  

I want you to know that you are not alone. I know that some days (maybe even many days) it feels like it, but I guarantee you that there are many people around you, friends even, that feel this way. Lonely. Tired. Sad. Mopey. Discouraged. Unmotivated. Unhappy. Fearful. 

 

In my time of depression I posted a facebook status about being lonely and mopey (depressed!). I was amazed with how many women (moms especially) wrote me encouraging me and sharing with me how they (at that time) were feeling the same way! We began to encourage each other in practical ways. It definitely helped cheer me up, but God's Word healed me completely! God is GOOD!!!

 

I urge you to share your heart with God and with others! You never know! You may find out that some of your closest friends or acquaintances are struggling with depression as well! You might even find some new accountability partners! God is good and He uses all things for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). 


James 1:2-4 | Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. NLT

 

Be encouraged! Have hope! Be joyful in this time of difficulty!

 

| Psalm 27:4-5 |

 The one thing I ask of the Lord
    the thing I seek most—
is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
    delighting in the Lord’s perfections
    and meditating in his Temple. 
 For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
    he will hide me in his sanctuary.
    He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
NLT
 

May God bless you with an overwhelming peace and joy, in the name of Jesus Christ! Amen!




1 comment:

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!