Pages

11.12.2014

How to Whiten Your Yellowed Pillows

Hey there! This is a super duper simple tutorial about properly bleaching your yellowed pillows! I don't even remember how I found this tutorial. I guess just during one of my random Pinterest afternoons! :)

I put two large pillows into the wash during this adventure and it turns out they were a bit big, so I had to wash them twice. The second time, I flipped the pillows around so that the still-yellow sides were facing inward. So, I guess depending on your pillows and your washing machine, you might only be able to wash one pillow at a time! At least I had to!





Here's your magic recipe:

HOT HOT HOT Water
1 Cup Laundry Detergent
1 Cup Bleach
1 Cup Powdered Dishwasher Detergent
1/2 Cup Borax

Original Tutorial found at: One Good Thing by Jullee

 
These photos were hardly edited and I was seriously surprised by 
how WHITE my pillows are now compared to the horrendous condition they were in before!

I hope this works as well for you just as well as it worked for me! 
I can't wait to do this on the rest of the pillows in my house!

I've got to replenish my laundry detergent soon so be on the lookout 
for my laundry detergent recipe! Coming soon! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!