Pages

11.30.2014

Make Your Own Laundry Detergent


Today I am sharing a Laundry Detergent recipe.
Original recipe here.
It's ridiculously easy and quick!
Basically you buy your ingredients and pour them into a box or bucket and mix it up!
Pardon the above photo as it is not equivalent to the actual recipe amount, but simply the ingredients!
I was simply filling my bucket back up and this was all I had to re-fill it with!
It hasn't mattered how much I put in of each. It has always worked well for me!
So, here are the ingredients:

1 Box of Pure Baking Soda - 4lb
1 Box of Super Washing Soda - 3lb 7oz
1 Box of Borax - 4lb 12oz
1 Container of Oxy-Clean 1.3lb
3 Bars of Fels-Naptha Shredded - 5.5oz


If you don't want to shred Fels-Naptha bars, you can buy some awesome soap flakes 
called Zote at Wal-Mart. Any and all of these ingredients can be found at Wal-Mart 
or your local grocery store on the laundry aisle.

You only have to use one or two tablespoons per load of laundry. It works really really well! I have heard so many awesome things about this recipe! Because you use such a small amount every load, it lasts F O R E V E R! Okay, maybe not forever, but you get the idea! I can hardly remember the last time I made a batch. I think it might have been a little over a year ago. For real.

Again, the photo below and the photo above show the ingredients and NOT the actual amounts.


Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!