Pages

1.19.2015

I'm Not Ready for Baby #2

Okay okay...Who is truly ever really ready to have a baby? Even if it IS their second time going through this!

This one is different. This kid in my belly. She's different. She's not like my Hannah. She's hyperactive and constantly on the go, but every time I try to talk to her or touch her (my belly), she stops moving. :( Hannah never did this.





#1 I feel like I haven't bonded with her yet. I know that I have plenty of time for that, but still! Hannah and I were buds long before she came out of the womb! I talked to her every day. She tickled and punched my hands almost every day. Charlie is different. She never wiggles when I'm paying attention to her and I have hardly felt her movements with my own hands. I'm pretty sure Chris has felt more than me! It makes me sad a little. Although, I shouldn't be sad. She will be in my arms 70-80% of the day when she's born.

#2 I'm scared that I won't be able to show Hannah enough attention and affection during the first months. Hannah is my first little princess. My first baby. She's my pride and joy! I know that a lot of second time mom's fear that they may not love their second child as much as the first, but I worry that I won't be able to show Hannah that I love her, at least as often as I do now! I don't want her to feel neglected or rejected! (That's why this mama has a plan to make mommy-daughter dates a tradition! - future post!) What if I unintentionally ignore her and reject her for days before I even realize what I've done? I'd be mortified!

#3 Their room isn't put together yet. The changing table isn't out. The bassinet isn't out. I don't have diapers. I don't have Hannah's old onesies out and available yet. Toys, puzzles and books are everywhere and unorganized. Their room isn't painted. Although that isn't life or death, I want to accomplish it before Charlie gets here so we don't wait months to do it after she's born. We are missing water-proof mattress pads and changing table covers...you get the idea. We've got lots to work on and there's only 9 weeks left!!! Ack!!!

#4 I feel like this birth isn't a huge priority (in my mind) yet. I've hardly thought about it! I have no plan. I'm not in a rush. I haven't even thought about what I need to take with us to the hospital, or what our plan is once we get to the hospital! Nothing's ready and I really don't seem to care that much. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Hmm. 

Okay, end of rant. 


Did any of you feel this way, too, with the birth of your second, third, fourth? Any advice for this mama? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!