Pages

1.07.2015

Loving the Little Things

Ever since Thanksgiving and Christmas season I have been overflowing with a joy for the little things. I am sitting here in my recliner, blanket over my lap, cozied up with a cup of freshly ground and brewed coffee, I can see out my window and how it is slowly getting brighter outside. I can see the orange tint to the sky. My house is completely quiet. All I can hear is the sound of my own breathing.

Ahh. Can it stay like this forever?

I have written throughout several posts how I've been wanting to get up earlier and dive into the Bible. I definitely have NOT been keeping up with that. Waking up early is a difficult thing to do when you're only motivation is to start reading a book! However I remember the joy I feel when I sit down in my silent home, coffee in hand, curled up in blankets. No crying baby, no husband to entertain, no noisy cars or kids running the streets just yet.

Then I realize, that I usually feel really close to God whenever I'm taking the time and enjoying the little things. Is that worship??? Hmm. I feel it might be a bit of worship to our Heavenly Father.


I love curling up with a blanket, sipping my cup of coffee, watching the sun rise in the morning. I think it's absolutely wonderful!


I love cuddling my sleeping baby. I love her sweet lips and pouty cheeks when she's sound asleep. I love kissing that soft face, hands and arms as she's still to the world. 


I love watching to sun rise in the morning. It brings certain warmth to my heart that I cannot express. It's as if I'm literally given the vision of a new day dawning. TODAY is a new day! It brings me hope!

I love it when I can lay my head down on my husband's lap and just lay peacefully. I feel so loved and so taken care of. So comforted. 

I love climbing into bed with my daughter and my husband and having family time all cuddled up. 

I love how Hannah scrunches her nose sometimes when she smiles.

I love how my husband laughs. Just in general. It's seriously the most wonderful thing!

I love it when I feel God's peace enter into my heart as I dive into His Word.


Life is a gift. Let's not take advantage of it. Slow down today and enjoy the little things in your life!


"This is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

"Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his word to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts." Colossians 3:15-16



Another little thing that absolutely warms my heart!


Are you struggling with finding joy today? Are you missing that umph to get you going during the day? If you are, then you've come to the right place, because I've been struggling with the same things! As quick as I can enjoy one little thing in my life, I can just as quickly get irritated with another little thing in my life! Let's choose to be thankful today!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!