Pages

1.29.2015

My 6 New Year Resolutions - An Update

We're coming to end of January 2015 and I have already seen how God has been helping me accomplish some of the things I have had a desire for this year. I thought I'd share, seeing as I wrote about my New Year Resolutions on here not too long ago...post here.



1. Reading the Bible everyday.

So far, this hasn't happened...BUT...I've been waking up faithfully around 6:20 every morning, not in my own doing, but my body keeps waking me up. I'll be awake for at least fifteen or twenty minutes before falling asleep again. Well, I was having a conversation with my mom the other day---I can't even remember what we were talking about, but it hit me---"Maybe God is giving me an opportunity to wake up early like he's been telling me to for months now!"

Chris and I are currently attending a Sunday school/Connections class at our church and this semester we are talking about Obedience to God---when we've obeyed, the results---when we didn't obey, and the results. This is something I can see that God is teaching me at home as well right now.

So back to my story...as soon as I realized that my body waking me up early, was really God, I decided to get up the next time he woke me up. May I remind you that every time I have tried to wake up early on my own, Hannah beats me to the punch.  This time, however, every time I have gotten up when God woke me up...Hannah slept in past eight!!! I have been able to read the Word, pray, even do a tiny bit of tidying up before she wakes up! God answers when his children are obedient---yes He does!

PROGRESS: God has been waking me up around 6:30am every day, and as soon as I realized it was HIM waking me up, I began to take those opportunities he was giving me and get up to read! As a result---Hannah has been sleeping in past 8:00 (she's been waking up at 6:30) and I have been able to read his Word faithfully like he has been asking me to!



2. Try harder on my appearance.

Okay, so, I was definitely working on it, but then exhaustion hit! This mama has 7.5 weeks left before baby #2 arrives---ACK!!! I was curling my hair daily, pinning it differently each day or just leaving it all fluffy! I'm still trying to make sure that I am clean, wearing outfits that actually go together (yea, I don't normally care too much about that), and cute shoes, but I haven't gotten too far into this...but hey, I've got all year!

PROGRESS: I made progress for a little bit, but then baby #2 decided she'd rather I sleep! Haha! Preggo fatigue...woohoo!


3. Showing Chris love using his love language. 

I have definitely been working on this. It's always a learning process. I'm learning how to express my gratitude, but now I need to really work on my variety of compliments and creativity. I can write him notes all day, but I also need to save some to actually speak TO HIM. 

PROGRESS: Getting better, now I just need to work on variety! 


4. Spend more one-on-one time with Chris. 

This has definitely gotten better, at least I think it has. We haven't been out on a date in a while, but we've been reading the Word together every night after Hannah goes to bed and we've been talking for a looong time once sitting down together. I have seriously enjoyed this! Chris has been working late for a while now, but the past couple of days he has gotten home earlier---or rather, on time. We've had so much more time with each other because of this. 

PROGRESS: We've definitely had more one-on-one time these past couple of weeks and it has been great! I hope it continues!



5. Reach target weight after baby #2 arrives.

Well, baby #2 is not here yet, so...no progress yet! In fact, my appetite has finally kicked in and I'm pretty sure I am going to start picking up the weight now! Ack!

PROGRESS: None. No baby yet! :)



6. Know where every penny in our budget goes.

Okay, now THIS has gotten better! We've figured out a new way to budget each paycheck in order to build our savings and knock out our little bit of debt (another goal for this year). Because we have a new system, we know where every penny goes! It's so great! Progress!

PROGRESS: We have a new budgeting system now which is working for us and yep...we're making progress! Yay!!!




So how about you? How are you doing on your New Year Resolutions and 2015 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your opinions! Do you have any advice for me? I'd love to hear from you!